Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person). Getaflex understands the right of users to keep personal information private and its obligations under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) about how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
In this Policy, we provide transparency on the information collected on www.getaflex.co.nz (Website), and explain how this information is utilised. This Policy has been prepared by Getaflex Limited (Company Registration Number 6393532).
Changes to this policy
We may change this Policy by uploading a revised Policy onto the Website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised Policy.
Who do we collect your personal information from?
We collect personal information about you:
- When you provide that personal information to us through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you use our services.
- When you register with us to access detailed information about advertised jobs. To become a registered user, you will need to submit personal information such as your name and contact details
- From third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
Getaflex may also collect and use information about your job preferences by collecting and analysing data about the way you use services offered on the Website. With this information, we are able to improve Getaflex offerings to suit your job seeking needs. We also gather non-personal information to assess usage of the Website, such as the number of page views and number of unique visitors to the Website.
Getaflex collects the company name, business address and billing address of Employers. It also collects the name, email address and phone number of a primary contact. Getaflex uses these details to manage your account, including contacting Employers to discuss a job advertisement.
How we use your personal information
Getaflex will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide services to you;
- to provide you with selected information about advertised jobs, and employment-related topics including contacting you by phone or electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose);
- to improve the services that we provide to you;
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary);
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; and
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
Getaflex may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the Website or other services;
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you;
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information);
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency); and
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
Communication from Getaflex
You may ‘opt-out’ of receiving emails from Getaflex by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in the footer of an email received.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
Getaflex may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Security of information
Getaflex takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our system and to protect your information from misuse, as well as unauthorised access. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our registration form, the transmission of that information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology. However:
- if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk; and
- if you post a job or blog on the Website you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
Except where liable under the Act, Getaflex will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information.
Links to other websites
The Getaflex Website contains links to other websites operated by third parties, over which we have no liability, whether related to copyright, privacy or obscenity. We encourage you to carefully read privacy statements of third party websites before submitting personal information.
For more information about privacy issues in New Zealand and protecting your privacy, visit the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner’s website.
If you have any questions or feedback, then you can contact us via email: email@example.com, or post: Getaflex Limited, PO Box 25080 Wellington 6146, New Zealand